WEAR - Search Results
More reports of gas leaks at Escambia Co. jail
Another gas leak at the Escambia County Jail.
This time, it was in the kitchen.
Someone preparing food yesterday morning reported smelling natural gas, leading to an evacuation.
Contractors are replacing a gas line valve that leads into the kitchen.
Staff members are still able to prepare food in the kitchen.
A gas leak in another part of the jail, the central booking and detention center, caused an explosion on April 29th.
Two inmates were killed, and a Corrections Officer was seriously injured.