WEAR - Search Results
Two Escambia County girls severely burned in kitchen accident
ESCAMBIA COUNTY -- Two girls are recovering after being severely burned at their grandmother's home. It happened Wednesday at a home at the corner of Revere and Alexandria Drive in the Mayfair community.
Firefighters say the two girls aged 11 and 3 years old were boiling some water. One of the girls was trying to move the pot, when she got bumped, the hot water and cooking grease splashed both of them. They were rushed to Sacred Heart Hospital. Neighbors believe their guardian, which is their grandmother, was not home at the time.
Neighbors react to what they saw as emergency crews worked the scene.
"They had the middle-aged girl going in the ambulance, and I seen them bringing the baby out and kind of moving it around I guess she was in shock or something" said John, who wished not to be fully identified.
The girls' condition hasn't been released. Neighbors hope they both make a speedy recovery.
"Children don't always listen to instructions so you have to be extra careful" Sharon Erickson, neighbor.