WEAR - Search Results
Yates Avenue early morning fire
PENSACOLA -- A mother and her son were *not* hurt when their home caught fire this morning.
The fire broke out at this house on Yates Avenue just after 6 am.
The State Fire Marshal says there was a fire burning in the fireplace in the living room of the home.
Somehow it spread to the adjacent wall in the room.
Both people inside were able to get out in time.
The home is slightly damaged on the inside but it is still livable.
The Fire Marshal says there was a smoke detector in the home, but the batteries were dead.