WEAR - Search Results

The following is an archived video story. The text content of that video story is available below for reference. The original video has been deleted and is no longer available.

A mother ate tainted candy given out on Halloween

A scary incident, Halloween candy handed out during tricking and treating, was actually tainted with poison.

Here you see a tiny hole in this snickers bar wrapper. California police say that piece of candy was given to a 16 month old trick-or-treater.

However, by coincidence, the girl's mother ate the candy bar instead and almost immediately started to feel sick.

Her brother, Eduardo, ended up taking her to the emergency room.

Officials believe some kind of acid based drug was injected into the chocolate. Police believe this was an isolated incident.

"With that kind of strength I almost shudder to think what could have happened to my niece, it would have been far too strong of a dosage for a toddler."

An investigation is underway. No word on any potential suspects.