WEAR - Search Results

The following is an archived video story. The text content of that video story is available below for reference. The original video has been deleted and is no longer available.

Latest facts on Washington Navy Yard shooting

New information about Monday's Navy Yard shooting: 21 people were injured, 16 were shot, 13 are dead, including the shooter. All 12 victims who died were civilians. The victims names will not be released until all families are notified. Their ages range from 46-73.
The gunman is identified as 34 year old Aaron Alexis. He was killed during a gun battle with police. The Navy says Aaron Alexis was a full-time reservist from 2007 to 2011. Officials say he was 'detached' from the Navy on January 31st, 2011 for misconduct. His rank was Petty Officer 3rd Class, an aircraft electrician. Alexis had been working for the Fleet Logistics Support Squadron Number 46, in Fort Worth, Texas. The Navy says his home of record was New York City. The FBI is now asking for any information the public may have about Alexis.
Investigators haven't ruled out the possibility there was more than one gunman, but now they think it's increasingly unlikely. Washington, DC Mayor says no indication of terrorism but it's not being ruled out.
Late Monday night, Washington, DC Mayor Vincent C. Gray announced the names of seven of the victims killed in the Navy Yard shooting. They are Michael Arnold, 59; Sylvia Frasier, 53; Kathy Gaarde, 62; John Roger Johnson, 73; Frank Kohler, 50; Bernard Proctor, 46; and Vishnu Pandit, 61. The other five victims will be identified after their families are notified.