WEAR ABC 3 - Search Results
Escambia County business heavily damaged by fire this morning
ESCAMBIA COUNTY -- The State Fire Marshal is working to figure out what sparked a fire at an Escambia County business last night.
The fire broke out at Southern Floor Systems on Pine Forest Road around 9:30.
The warehouse sits almost directly across the street from Bellview Fire Station.
Firefighters noticed flames and heavy smoke coming from the facility.
They cut a hole in the garage door to get in and put the fire out .
It took about 40 minutes to extinguish.
They stayed on the scene until about one this morning, working on hot spots.
They were concerned about explosives they thought might be in the building.