WEAR ABC 3 - Search Results
Vigil for Kenteyonna Anderson canceled after gunfire erupts at another vigil
PENSACOLA -- Monday night, a planned vigil for 14-year-old Kenteyonna Anderson has been canceled. This is after gunfire interrupted another vigil that was being held for her Sunday night. No one was injured but it has people on edge. This vigil comes in the wake of the teenager being shot while hanging with friends on Maxwell street. The shooting happened just blocks from Pensacola High School last Thursday.
When the shots were fired at the vigil, no one really knew what was going on. Kenteyonna's cousin, Sade Grice had hoped the evening would begin the healing process, instead it only brought more fear. Grice said, "It was like people falling all over each other. I had my two kids with me, I was scared."
Around a 100 people were at the vigil. Cheryle Allen was speaking at the vigil when the shots were fired. She said, "It was a lot of them, I just can't even count them. My feeling is we need to do something about the guns."
She had planned another vigil for tonight., but canceled it. She said, "I cant afford to allow them to be put in harms way because of this."
Family members are now looking at photos and remembering the good times to get through the pain. Her cousin said, "She was a really fun, outgoing girl, very smart. She was accepted into IB program."
More details are coming out about the shooting. Family members say a fight happened earlier in the day, then a group came to retaliate and that's when Kenteyonna got caught in the crossfire. Her 10 year old brother was there and saw it all happen.
Deputies are still looking for Juvonte Huff and Jaquest Norris, hoping to get some answers. The third person of interest Quentin Gholston voluntarily turned himself in for questioning and has been released.