WEAR ABC 3 - Search Results
Dozens stung by Stringrays over Labor Day weekend
NAVARRE -- More than a dozen people were stung by Stingrays over the Labor Day weekend.
One man was stung while out fishing on Navarre Beach.
He says at first he thought a crab had pinched him in the arch of his foot.
But within in seconds he felt a shooting pain climb up his leg.
That was the end of the fishing trip.
After a 20 minute or so drive home downs says the pain was unbearable.
"I knew it was a painful thing. I've broken bones, but by far this is the most painful experience I've ever been in and he barely got me."
If you get stung by a ray experts say you should soak the wound in hot water for at least an hour and then wrap it.
If you experience any nausea, vomiting, muscle cramping or chills, go to the nearest emergency room immediately.