WEAR - Search Results
Young neighbor saves baby's life
The mother of a one month old baby is thanking her young neighbor for saving her child's life. The 10-year old girl jumped into action during an apartment fire.
"I caught the newborn baby from falling. Before it had hit the ground I had caught it."
Zna Gresham, 10, says she just did what was asked after she ran out of her burning apartment to safety outside.
"Then when I was getting out the lady from upstairs she was dropping her babies and she asked me and my sister can she get the babies for her."
Before firefighters got to this newborn, the month-old baby landed in the safe embrace of this young hero- who refuses to take all the credit.
"It took all of my family to help get the babies out and help save a family."
Zna credits her auntie's action as what began the string of rescues.
“And by me holding the door open everybody got out ok.”
Dekalb County Fire was on scene within 5 minutes of the 911 call, pulling residents to safety and knocking the blaze down quickly.
"If it wasn't for god we wouldn't be here right now so I really do, I thank god."
The fire started in Allen’s downstairs apartment, an apparent grease fire in the kitchen. One unit is a loss.
Three others damaged, displacing more than a dozen people but not their spirit.
"In our family, we take care of our neighbors no matter what. No matter if they get hurt or anything we take care of them."