WEAR - Search Results

The following is an archived video story. The text content of that video story is available below for reference. The original video has been deleted and is no longer available.

Mother files lawsuit against Monster Energy Drink

CALIFORNIA -- Monster energy drinks are being blamed again for the sudden death of a teenager. 

The mother of Alex Morris, 19, says her son died as a result of drinking two cans of Monster Energy Drink the day he died, and every day for the three years prior to his death. He suffered cardiac arrest and died last July.  Now she's filing a lawsuit to prevent it from happening to other teens.

"That they can kill people and that they shouldn’t be marketed to people under 18 years old.  It shouldn't take a rocket scientist to know we shouldn't pump stimulants into our children,” said Morris’ mother.

The mother of a 14-year-old from Maryland filed a similar lawsuit last year. The company says there is no medical evidence that the teenagers' deaths were connected to monster energy drinks.