WEAR - Search Results

The following is an archived video story. The text content of that video story is available below for reference. The original video has been deleted and is no longer available.

UPDATE: Dauphine Street fire destroys home

ESCAMBIA COUNTY   --  An Escambia County man says the fire that destroyed his home was sparked by a heater.
The blaze broke out around 3 am on Dauphine Street, just north of I-10.

The man who lives in this home says he was asleep in his bed when he looked over and saw smoke and flames coming from a heater inside his bedroom.
    
Gulf Power was called out to the home to cut off the electricity.
The home is a total loss.
An investigator from the State Fire Marshals office is looking into the official cause of the fire.