Pay It Forward
- PAY IT FORWARD ( Floyd Jones)
- PAY IT FORWARD ( Diane Garnette)
- PAY IT FORWARD ( Jim Williams )
- PAY IT FORWARD ( Matilda Knight)
- PAY IT FORWARD: (Operation Blessing)
- PAY IT FORWARD: (Marshall and Kristina Wiggins )
- PAY IT FORWARD: Darla Hughes
- PAY IT FORWARD: (Mary Givens)
- PAY IT FORWARD: William Lett
- Pay it Forward:(Jacqueie Parson)
- Holiday Pay it Forward (Michael Etheredge)
- Holiday Pay if Forward finalist
- Pay if Forward Holiday Finalist
- Pay it Forward Holiday
- Pay it Forward (Clifford Bellow )
- Pay it Forward (Keith Pugh )
- Pay it Forward (Carlos Sabogal)
- Pay it Forward (Miss June)
- Pay it Forward 08/08/13 (Michelle Bond)
- Pay it Forward 08/01/13 (Pat and Nan Ross)
- Pay it Forward 7/25/13
- Pay it Forward 07/18/13 (Dennis and Laura Lazear)
- Pay it Forward 05/23/2013 (Cameron Michanowicz)
- Pay it Forward (Steve Williams) 5/16/13
- Pay it Forward 5/9/13 (Debra Jernigan)
- Pay it Forward (Jerry and Ann Turlin)
- Pay it Forward (Josh)
- Pay it Forward (Jenn Knowles)
- Pay It Forward - Shirley Sellers
- Paying It Forward: Loretta Menendian
- Pay it Forward Dallas Battle
- Pay It Forward Faith Moreno
- Pay It Forward: Lana Warren
- Pay it Forward - Brenda
- Pay it Forward - Patrick
- Pay it Forward - William Shaner
- Pay it Forward - Chrissy Johnson
- Pay it Forward - Jim Whitman
- Pay it Forward - Mr. Johnson
- Pay it Forward - Ashley Conlin
- Pay It Forward - Bettina Hoeft
- Pay It Forward- Delores Johnson
- Pay It Forward - Tom Williams
- Pay It Forward - Elaine Simpson
- Family gets big helping hand thanks to community in Holiday Pay It Forward contest
- Holiday Pay It Forward runner-up winners get bonus prize
- 'Pay it Forward" Cynthia
- Pay it Forward 2/21/2013
Pay it Forward - William Shaner
Updated: Saturday, August 3 2013, 02:06 PM CDT
Channel 3 is once again helping our viewers Pay it Forward. The premise is simple - it starts with Channel 3's Lena Deflores, $500, a sign and our Partner Hill-Kelly Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep.
People always ask Lena when she'll be out with her sign next, but we always keep it a surprise.
Lena's report follows:
This time I went to a strip mall parking lot in Pace with my sign reading, I'm giving away $500, ask me how. Let's see if we can find somebody to help
In the past, it's been challenging to find someone to say yes after explaining that you can't keep the $500 for yourself. You can't give it to a relative, or anyone who lives with you.
But this time, I had just stepped out of Channel 3 News Truck when Chuck Henigan drove up and told me he knew exactly who he'd like to see receive $500.
He's a schoolteacher. William Shaner has a history of Paying it Forward, himself. He volunteers as a Boy Scout Den Leader and is heavily involved at this church.
He and his wife are both teachers. She teaches at Dixon Intermediate School in Milton and he teaches music right next door, at Sims Middle School.
For the last 14 years, Mr. Shaner has shared his love of music with local kids. Henigan told us, like many of his gulf coast neighbors, Shaner has been by the downturn of the economy and how he wished that teachers who are as committed to local students as Shaner is were paid more.
After learning about Mr. Shaner, I called Miles Bentley with Hill-Kelley Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep Ram who met us with $500.
With the help of Sims Middle School's Vice Principal, Mr. Shaner thought he was being called to the front office to answer a question about the school's PA system.
Once he walked in, Miles Bentley explained why he was really there. "I want to pass the money along on behalf of Hill-Kelly Dodge Chrysler Jeep to give your friend $500 that he can Pay it Forward to you."
Chuck Henigan wasn't the only person who thought Shaner was a deserving recipient of $500.
Shaner has made such an impact in his community and at Sims Middle School, Vice Principal Sharon Patrick was happy to see him receive a much deserved thank you.
"We're proud of him, we're proud of what he does. A lot of times people don't get the recognition, but this is a great way to recognize him."
Shaner says he wanted to continue to Pay it Forward, with a message to others about helping neighbors and friends each and every day.
"It's not always about money, it's whatever your gifts are. If you're good at housework or yard work teaching of some kind, you can give where your strengths are."
These two neighbors were great examples of how to Pay it Forward everyday, just by lending a hand where and whenever you can.
We've loved hearing your stories of how you Pay it Forward in our community. Share your stories and ideas with us on our Facebook page.
Log on at Facebook.com/weartv.com. A special thank you to our partner, Hill-Kelly Dodge Chrysler Jeep for making 'Pay it Forward' possible.
And be sure to keep an eye out for Lena and her sign as Channel 3 continues to Pay it Forward.