Pay It Forward
- Pay it Forward Holiday
- Pay it Forward (Clifford Bellow )
- Pay it Forward (Keith Pugh )
- Pay it Forward (Carlos Sabogal)
- Pay it Forward (Miss June)
- Pay it Forward 08/08/13 (Michelle Bond)
- Pay it Forward 08/01/13 (Pat and Nan Ross)
- Pay it Forward 7/25/13
- Pay it Forward 07/18/13 (Dennis and Laura Lazear)
- Pay it Forward 05/23/2013 (Cameron Michanowicz)
- Pay it Forward (Steve Williams) 5/16/13
- Pay it Forward 5/9/13 (Debra Jernigan)
- Pay it Forward (Jerry and Ann Turlin)
- Pay it Forward (Josh)
- Pay it Forward (Jenn Knowles)
- Pay It Forward - Shirley Sellers
- Pay it Forward 2/21/2013
- 'Pay it Forward" Cynthia
- Holiday Pay It Forward runner-up winners get bonus prize
- Family gets big helping hand thanks to community in Holiday Pay It Forward contest
- Pay It Forward - Elaine Simpson
- Pay It Forward - Tom Williams
- Pay It Forward- Delores Johnson
- Pay It Forward - Bettina Hoeft
- Pay it Forward - Ashley Conlin
- Pay it Forward - Mr. Johnson
- Pay it Forward - Jim Whitman
- Pay it Forward - Chrissy Johnson
- Pay it Forward - William Shaner
- Pay it Forward - Patrick
- Pay it Forward - Brenda
- Pay It Forward: Lana Warren
- Pay It Forward Faith Moreno
- Pay it Forward Dallas Battle
- Paying It Forward: Loretta Menendian
Pay It Forward - Tom Williams
Updated: Saturday, August 3 2013, 02:06 PM CDT
Imagine getting a knock at the door and 500 dollars in your hand. That's what happens when people in our community reach out to others.
We're helping our neighbors to "Pay it Forward" with a little help from our own Lena Deflores and our partner Hill-Kelly Dodge Chrysler Jeep.
Her reports follows:
I went to Pace with my sign reading, I'm giving away $500, ask me how. Usually, I'm faced with the word no and some polite rejection.
This time, I met Susan Case right away who told me about her friend Crystal and her fiancé, Tom who just suffered physically and financially from an unexpected health scare.
"I just bought a wedding gift for a friend who's getting married and her fiancé just had a quadruple by-pass."
The couple's wedding plans took a hit when all their savings went toward Tom's medical bills.
They're now down to one income as Tom recovers over the next several months.
We wanted to help these lovebirds get their wedding plans back on track.
So we went to Tom's home with Miles Bentley from Hill-Kelly Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram and 500 dollars.
But surprising someone with Channel Three's Pay it Forward gift is getting harder to do.
"I watch this on the news."
But the kindness of neighbors is always welcome.
"Well, what happens next, you tell me?" "I guess some money." "yes!"
"Susan on behalf of Hill-Kelly Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram, I'd like to give this 500 dollars so that you can Pay it Forward to your friend."
"This is a blessing." "Yes, you are blessed." "Thank you very much."
Tom's heart attack and bypass surgery was a scare for him and his fiancee but gave him an unexpected gift.
I have a brand new lease on life.
It opens your eyes to a lot of things.
I have a new beginning
Tom plans to take full advantage it, starting with a wedding decades in the making.
"We were middle school sweethearts and I left to join the Navy and 25 years later, we reconnected."
Tom desperately wanted to give Crystal the wedding of her dreams on the special day they've waited so long for.
So, we made a few phone calls.
Hi Miles, it's Lena.
Hey Tom, it's Susan, are you home?
...so that Tom could make this one.
Channel Three News is in our living room and they just gave us 500 dollars for our wedding."
You crying yet? Yes. I knew you would be."
Are you serious? Thank you so much, we really appreciate it."
Tom says Paying it Forward is a reminder of all the good that's out there.
"It's cool that you guys do this. People think of other people. There's still good people out there."
A special thank you to our partner, Hill-Kelly Dodge Chrysler Jeep for making Pay it Forward possible.
Keep your eyes open for Lena and her sign. You never know where or when we'll continue to Pay it Forward.