Pay It Forward
- PAY IT FORWARD: Darla Hughes
- PAY IT FORWARD: (Mary Givens)
- PAY IT FORWARD: William Lett
- Pay it Forward:(Jacqueie Parson)
- Holiday Pay it Forward (Michael Etheredge)
- Holiday Pay if Forward finalist
- Pay if Forward Holiday Finalist
- Pay it Forward Holiday
- Pay it Forward (Clifford Bellow )
- Pay it Forward (Keith Pugh )
- Pay it Forward (Carlos Sabogal)
- Pay it Forward (Miss June)
- Pay it Forward 08/08/13 (Michelle Bond)
- Pay it Forward 08/01/13 (Pat and Nan Ross)
- Pay it Forward 7/25/13
- Pay it Forward 07/18/13 (Dennis and Laura Lazear)
- Pay it Forward 05/23/2013 (Cameron Michanowicz)
- Pay it Forward (Steve Williams) 5/16/13
- Pay it Forward 5/9/13 (Debra Jernigan)
- Pay it Forward (Jerry and Ann Turlin)
- Pay it Forward (Josh)
- Pay it Forward (Jenn Knowles)
- Pay It Forward - Shirley Sellers
- Pay it Forward 2/21/2013
- 'Pay it Forward" Cynthia
- Holiday Pay It Forward runner-up winners get bonus prize
- Family gets big helping hand thanks to community in Holiday Pay It Forward contest
- Pay It Forward - Elaine Simpson
- Pay It Forward - Tom Williams
- Pay It Forward- Delores Johnson
- Pay It Forward - Bettina Hoeft
- Pay it Forward - Ashley Conlin
- Pay it Forward - Mr. Johnson
- Pay it Forward - Jim Whitman
- Pay it Forward - Chrissy Johnson
- Pay it Forward - William Shaner
- Pay it Forward - Patrick
- Pay it Forward - Brenda
- Pay It Forward: Lana Warren
- Pay It Forward Faith Moreno
- Pay it Forward Dallas Battle
- Paying It Forward: Loretta Menendian
Pay It Forward - Shirley Sellers
Updated: Saturday, August 3 2013, 03:06 PM CDT
Neighbors helping neighbors is what our Gulf Coast community is all about.
Channel 3's Lena DeFlores introduces us to a woman who Pays It Forward everyday who received our Pay It Forward surprise of $500 with the help of our partner, Hill-Kelly Dodge Chrysler Jeep.
This time I took my sign to hoping to meet someone who knew someone else who needed our help.
I hardly had time to explain the Pay It Forward to Larry Simpson before he told us about his neighbor, Shirley Sellers.
"She helps me look after my mom," Simpson said.
Larry's mother suffered a stroke that left her paralyzed nearly 40 years ago.
When Larry's sister lost her battle with breast cancer last year, Larry moved in with his mother to take care of her after retiring from the United States Marine Corps.
And he's received a lot of help from his mother's long-time neighbor, Miss Shirley, who is more like family than a neighbor.
"She's been a neighbor to my mom for about 50 years," said Larry. "She lost her husband, she lost one of her children."
After losing her daughter, Shirley was left to care for her grandchildren and great-grand children.
She cares for her son Howard who has cerebral palsy. But still takes the time to take care of all the ladies in her neighborhood.
"The lady there, she's 88. The one in the brick home there, she's 102."
We wanted to help Larry say thank you to Shirley and give her a little help to make ends meet now that she's retired.
So Miles Bentley with Hill-Kelly Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram met us with $500 to surprise Shirley,
But Shirley surprised us.
So Larry explained why we were there.
"They asked me if I knew anyone that could possibly use a blessing and you were the first one that came to my mind," Larry said.
But Shirley already knew we were coming.
"I just woke up with a good feeling! I just didn't know what it was," Shirley said.
But Larry did. And so with the help of Miles Bentley, Larry was able to Pay It Forward to Shirley with $500.
"God is good." "Yes, he is. All the time."
"You just have to keep the faith because you never know what the Lord has in story for you. You just have to be obedient to him and accept what he has in store."