Pay It Forward
- PAY IT FORWARD: Darla Hughes
- PAY IT FORWARD: (Mary Givens)
- PAY IT FORWARD: William Lett
- Pay it Forward:(Jacqueie Parson)
- Holiday Pay it Forward (Michael Etheredge)
- Holiday Pay if Forward finalist
- Pay if Forward Holiday Finalist
- Pay it Forward Holiday
- Pay it Forward (Clifford Bellow )
- Pay it Forward (Keith Pugh )
- Pay it Forward (Carlos Sabogal)
- Pay it Forward (Miss June)
- Pay it Forward 08/08/13 (Michelle Bond)
- Pay it Forward 08/01/13 (Pat and Nan Ross)
- Pay it Forward 7/25/13
- Pay it Forward 07/18/13 (Dennis and Laura Lazear)
- Pay it Forward 05/23/2013 (Cameron Michanowicz)
- Pay it Forward (Steve Williams) 5/16/13
- Pay it Forward 5/9/13 (Debra Jernigan)
- Pay it Forward (Jerry and Ann Turlin)
- Pay it Forward (Josh)
- Pay it Forward (Jenn Knowles)
- Pay It Forward - Shirley Sellers
- Pay it Forward 2/21/2013
- 'Pay it Forward" Cynthia
- Holiday Pay It Forward runner-up winners get bonus prize
- Family gets big helping hand thanks to community in Holiday Pay It Forward contest
- Pay It Forward - Elaine Simpson
- Pay It Forward - Tom Williams
- Pay It Forward- Delores Johnson
- Pay It Forward - Bettina Hoeft
- Pay it Forward - Ashley Conlin
- Pay it Forward - Mr. Johnson
- Pay it Forward - Jim Whitman
- Pay it Forward - Chrissy Johnson
- Pay it Forward - William Shaner
- Pay it Forward - Patrick
- Pay it Forward - Brenda
- Pay It Forward: Lana Warren
- Pay It Forward Faith Moreno
- Pay it Forward Dallas Battle
- Paying It Forward: Loretta Menendian
Pay it Forward - Patrick
Updated: Saturday, August 3 2013, 03:06 PM CDT
PENSACOLA - Today is National Pay it Forward Day and WEAR is once again helping our viewers Pay it Forward with a special gift of $500.
WEAR ABC 3 anchor and reporter Lena DeFlores was out on the streets in the community trying to see who would take $500 to "Pay It Forward" to a friend. She was rejected quite a few times before meeting Daniel Cecil, who was in the middle of running a quick errand for his mother.
"Actually yes, I've got a very good friend who's goin' through a hard time."
Daniel's life-long friend Patrick is a local musician who's guitar broke during a performance. Music is the sole source of income for Patrick and his father, who lives with him.
In order to keep performing, he's been borrowing instruments to keep earning a living.
While we waited for Miles Bentley from Hill-Kelly Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram and those five, crisp $100 bills, Daniel told us he felt lucky to be able to help his friend of 35 years even though he was going through a hard time himself.
Having looked for work locally for months, he recently accepted a job in Minnesota. Though he wasn't sure how he would come up with the money for such a big move.
You might think a surprise like this would be a welcome one but, people don't ever seem to be happy to see Miles and me.
Once we got Patrick to come back to the door, Miles Bentley explained why we were there. "I would like on behalf of Hill-Kelly Dodge Chrysler Jeep to give your friend $500 that he can Pay it Forward to you."
Patrick wanted to give the money back to Daniel to help with his moving expenses. "I'm not gonna accept it, I will not accept it."
"Well, no I want you to have it." Daniel and Patrick say the only argument they remember having recently was about who would walk away with the $500.
And we still don't know who got the money. Even though they both needed the money, they wanted each other to receive some much needed help.
It just reminds us of the meaning of friendship. What are your ideas to Pay it Forward in our community?
Share your ideas and suggestions with us at facebook.com/weartv.com
A special thank you to our partner Hill-Kelly Dodge Chrysler Jeep for making 'Pay it Forward' possible.