Pay It Forward
- Pay it Forward Holiday
- Pay it Forward (Clifford Bellow )
- Pay it Forward (Keith Pugh )
- Pay it Forward (Carlos Sabogal)
- Pay it Forward (Miss June)
- Pay it Forward 08/08/13 (Michelle Bond)
- Pay it Forward 08/01/13 (Pat and Nan Ross)
- Pay it Forward 7/25/13
- Pay it Forward 07/18/13 (Dennis and Laura Lazear)
- Pay it Forward 05/23/2013 (Cameron Michanowicz)
- Pay it Forward (Steve Williams) 5/16/13
- Pay it Forward 5/9/13 (Debra Jernigan)
- Pay it Forward (Jerry and Ann Turlin)
- Pay it Forward (Josh)
- Pay it Forward (Jenn Knowles)
- Pay It Forward - Shirley Sellers
- Pay it Forward 2/21/2013
- 'Pay it Forward" Cynthia
- Holiday Pay It Forward runner-up winners get bonus prize
- Family gets big helping hand thanks to community in Holiday Pay It Forward contest
- Pay It Forward - Elaine Simpson
- Pay It Forward - Tom Williams
- Pay It Forward- Delores Johnson
- Pay It Forward - Bettina Hoeft
- Pay it Forward - Ashley Conlin
- Pay it Forward - Mr. Johnson
- Pay it Forward - Jim Whitman
- Pay it Forward - Chrissy Johnson
- Pay it Forward - William Shaner
- Pay it Forward - Patrick
- Pay it Forward - Brenda
- Pay It Forward: Lana Warren
- Pay It Forward Faith Moreno
- Pay it Forward Dallas Battle
- Paying It Forward: Loretta Menendian
Pay It Forward: Lana Warren
Updated: Saturday, August 3 2013, 02:06 PM CDT
If you had $500 to give to someone who needed a little help who would it be?
It starts with a sign Channel Three's Lena Deflores and our partner Hill Kelly Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep.
Giving away $500 can take a while.
It took us a half hour in Niceville.
45 minutes in Crestivew.
And an hour and a half in Pace.
We tried our luck in the parking lot of Cordova Mall, with a sign reading, "I'm giving away $500, ask me how."
This time, I was approached in less than five minutes.
I explained the catch..
You can't keep it for yourself.
You can't give it to a relative
Or anyone who lives with you.
It has to go to a friend or a neighbor that needs a little help.
and they have to be available right then for a very big surprise.
Do you know anybody like that?
Yeah, I do.
Reggie Thompson told us about his friend Lana Warren.
After the death of her grandfather, Lana found herself on her own, without a job and without a place to live.
She rides the bus Monday through Friday to take classes at Pensacola State College.
At times, Lana goes days without eating, so her classmates and friends like Reggie, often give Lana their extra change so she can get something for lunch.
On days when she has enough money, she stays in a $35 a night motel room.
Lana's story touched our hearts, so we called Miles Bentley with Hill-Kelly Dodge Chrysler Jeep who met us with five, $100 bills.
We're looking for a student of yours
On behalf of Hill-Kelly Dodge Chrysler Jeep, here is $500 to help you Pay it Forward.
"You are so welcome."
Lana says life has been hard for her lately.
"Just money to, you know, for every day basics and things you need everyday, food and you know, necessities."
But still, she stays strong and optimistic about life and her future by relying on the one thing that's always been there for her, through thick and thin.
"It's really hard but I just pray because every day I am blessed."
"When you have nothing else, praying will help you."
God works in different ways, through different people at different times."
Lana says she'll use the money for basic needs.
She'll pay to keep a roof over her head for a few more nights at the motel and buy food, toiletries and other necessities.
She wants to pursue her Doctorate degree and Pay it Forward herself by becoming a pediatrician.
We love your stories about how you're Paying it Forward on our Facebook page.
And if you have ideas or suggestions on how others can Pay it Forward, let us know on Facebook.
A special thank you to our partner Hill Kelly Dodge, Chrysler Jeep for making 'Pay it Forward' possible.
And we're not finished yet.
So look for Lena and her sign as we continue to Pay it Forward.