Pay It Forward
- PAY IT FORWARD ( Floyd Jones)
- PAY IT FORWARD ( Diane Garnette)
- PAY IT FORWARD ( Jim Williams )
- PAY IT FORWARD ( Matilda Knight)
- PAY IT FORWARD: (Operation Blessing)
- PAY IT FORWARD: (Marshall and Kristina Wiggins )
- PAY IT FORWARD: Darla Hughes
- PAY IT FORWARD: (Mary Givens)
- PAY IT FORWARD: William Lett
- Pay it Forward:(Jacqueie Parson)
- Holiday Pay it Forward (Michael Etheredge)
- Holiday Pay if Forward finalist
- Pay if Forward Holiday Finalist
- Pay it Forward Holiday
- Pay it Forward (Clifford Bellow )
- Pay it Forward (Keith Pugh )
- Pay it Forward (Carlos Sabogal)
- Pay it Forward (Miss June)
- Pay it Forward 08/08/13 (Michelle Bond)
- Pay it Forward 08/01/13 (Pat and Nan Ross)
- Pay it Forward 7/25/13
- Pay it Forward 07/18/13 (Dennis and Laura Lazear)
- Pay it Forward 05/23/2013 (Cameron Michanowicz)
- Pay it Forward (Steve Williams) 5/16/13
- Pay it Forward 5/9/13 (Debra Jernigan)
- Pay it Forward (Jerry and Ann Turlin)
- Pay it Forward (Josh)
- Pay it Forward (Jenn Knowles)
- Pay It Forward - Shirley Sellers
- Paying It Forward: Loretta Menendian
- Pay it Forward Dallas Battle
- Pay It Forward Faith Moreno
- Pay It Forward: Lana Warren
- Pay it Forward - Brenda
- Pay it Forward - Patrick
- Pay it Forward - William Shaner
- Pay it Forward - Chrissy Johnson
- Pay it Forward - Jim Whitman
- Pay it Forward - Mr. Johnson
- Pay it Forward - Ashley Conlin
- Pay It Forward - Bettina Hoeft
- Pay It Forward- Delores Johnson
- Pay It Forward - Tom Williams
- Pay It Forward - Elaine Simpson
- Family gets big helping hand thanks to community in Holiday Pay It Forward contest
- Holiday Pay It Forward runner-up winners get bonus prize
- 'Pay it Forward" Cynthia
- Pay it Forward 2/21/2013
Pay it Forward (Josh)
Updated: Saturday, August 3 2013, 02:06 PM CDT
ESCAMBIA COUNTY -- It's time now to highlight the generosity of our gulf coast community.
It starts with Channel Three's Lena Deflores, a sign, 500 dollars and our partner Hill Kelly Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep.
And ends with a big surprise.
"I'm at Cordova Mall with my sign, I'm not shopping, but I am looking for someone who wants to help someone else."
I'm giving away 500 dollars, ask me how.
People still don't ask me how.
People still ignore me.
And people still tell me no.
"Um that's ok."
"I don't know anyone."
"I gotta go."
While others really, *really want to get my attention.
Even if it takes a couple of tries.
"If only he knew how much he needs to answer the phone."
Josh knew he had the right person for Pay it Forward after being a little thrown off by the rules.
You can't keep the money, give it to a relative or anyone who lives with you, but if you can think of someone going through a tough time and needs a helping hand.
"We'd love to give them 500 dollars right now."
'Oh, right now?"
Josh thought of his lifelong friend, Durl.
The two met when they were 13 years old.
"He has no mom, no dad. He grew up in a Foster Home."
The first Foster Home he went into was in my neighborhood."
"One day I stopped by and said I'm Josh. Introduced myself, ever since then we've been friends."
Now, as a single dad to 6-year-old Durl and 11-month-old Emelia, Durl wants to make sure he's the father he didn't have.
Taking time to coach his son's T-ball team and pick up his daughter after school.
So when Durl lost his job four months ago, Josh helped him find a new job as a server.
But Josh wanted to do even more and was glad when Durl finally answered.
So we headed over to Durl's house with 500 dollars.
"I told them your story. You're a single dad, I just got you a job." "Stop Lying." "Your doing everything you can to help your kids out."
Then Miles proved, Josh wasn't lying."
"On behalf of Hill-Kelly Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram, I'd like to give you this money so you can Pay it Forward to your friend."
"I don't know what to say, I'm shaking, I'm nervous."
And it couldn't have come at a better time.
"It's a blessing."
"The car is broke down and I need a ride to work."
Then Josh reminded us all what Pay it Forward is all about.
"Pay it Forward any way you can. There's people out there that really care about other people."
A special thank you to our partner, Hill-Kelly Dodge Chrysler Jeep for making 'Pay it Forward' possible.
And be sure to keep an eye out for Lena and her sign as Channel Three continues to Pay it Forward.