Pay It Forward
- PAY IT FORWARD ( Diane Garnette)
- PAY IT FORWARD ( Jim Williams )
- PAY IT FORWARD ( Matilda Knight)
- PAY IT FORWARD: (Operation Blessing)
- PAY IT FORWARD: (Marshall and Kristina Wiggins )
- PAY IT FORWARD: Darla Hughes
- PAY IT FORWARD: (Mary Givens)
- PAY IT FORWARD: William Lett
- Pay it Forward:(Jacqueie Parson)
- Holiday Pay it Forward (Michael Etheredge)
- Holiday Pay if Forward finalist
- Pay if Forward Holiday Finalist
- Pay it Forward Holiday
- Pay it Forward (Clifford Bellow )
- Pay it Forward (Keith Pugh )
- Pay it Forward (Carlos Sabogal)
- Pay it Forward (Miss June)
- Pay it Forward 08/08/13 (Michelle Bond)
- Pay it Forward 08/01/13 (Pat and Nan Ross)
- Pay it Forward 7/25/13
- Pay it Forward 07/18/13 (Dennis and Laura Lazear)
- Pay it Forward 05/23/2013 (Cameron Michanowicz)
- Pay it Forward (Steve Williams) 5/16/13
- Pay it Forward 5/9/13 (Debra Jernigan)
- Pay it Forward (Jerry and Ann Turlin)
- Pay it Forward (Josh)
- Pay it Forward (Jenn Knowles)
- Pay It Forward - Shirley Sellers
- Paying It Forward: Loretta Menendian
- Pay it Forward Dallas Battle
- Pay It Forward Faith Moreno
- Pay It Forward: Lana Warren
- Pay it Forward - Brenda
- Pay it Forward - Patrick
- Pay it Forward - William Shaner
- Pay it Forward - Chrissy Johnson
- Pay it Forward - Jim Whitman
- Pay it Forward - Mr. Johnson
- Pay it Forward - Ashley Conlin
- Pay It Forward - Bettina Hoeft
- Pay It Forward- Delores Johnson
- Pay It Forward - Tom Williams
- Pay It Forward - Elaine Simpson
- Family gets big helping hand thanks to community in Holiday Pay It Forward contest
- Holiday Pay It Forward runner-up winners get bonus prize
- 'Pay it Forward" Cynthia
- Pay it Forward 2/21/2013
Pay It Forward Faith Moreno
Updated: Saturday, August 3 2013, 03:06 PM CDT
Times are tough for many of our friends and neighbors.
Channel Three News has been doing something new to help people Pay it Forward.
And the giving continues tonight as we highlight the generosity of people in our community.
It begins with a sign, $500 and our partner Hill Kelly Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep.
This time, we went to a strip mall parking lot in Pace.
Standing with a sign reading, "I'm giving away $500, ask me how" doesn't bring the amount of attention you might expect.
And giving away $500 isn't as easy as you think.
I got some interest and intrigue.
Plenty of smiles and waves.
"Got some waving."
"Maybe I'm doing it wrong.
It took 90 minutes of explaining the rules.
You can't keep it for yourself.
You can't give it to a relative
or anyone who lives with you.
It has to go to a friend or a neighbor that needs a little help.
and they have to be available right now for a very big surprise.
Before Gail Baily told us about her neighbor, Faith Moreno.
"Miss Faith is one, she does a lot of volunteer work. Tell me about Miss Faith."
Faith and her husband adopted four of the couple's six children and have rescued all of the family's dogs.
Her husband is a Gunnery Sergeant in the Marine Corp.
Things have been tough with Faith out of work and her husband's deployments.
Still, Faith finds ways to give back.
She volunteers at Emmanuel Baptist Church, at her children's schools and in her own neighborhood, welcoming new families and even driving her elderly neighbors to doctor appointments.
She and the children even set aside what little they can to give to their church.
We couldn't wait to help Faith and her family and when we told Miles Bentley of Hill-Kelly Dodge Chrysler Jeep her story, he met us with 5 one hundred dollar bills.
On behalf of Hill Kelly Dodge Chrysler Jeep, here is $500 to help you Pay it Forward.
"I thought of you because you have been such a great neighbor and you're always doing things for other people and I know things are tough for you right now. Here's one hundred, two hundred, three hundred, four hundred, five hundred dollars."
Though things are hard, Faith, true to her name doesn't focus on the family's problems, but on prayer.
"Oh my gosh, it's like, that's so amazing. You have no idea how much that will help."
Faith says she's grateful for the $500 but she couldn't keep it all.
She'll donate part of the money to her church's Backpack Ministry and with the rest she'll buy new shoes for her family.
How do you Pay it Forward?
Share your story with us at weartv.com.
Click the Pay it Forward button and give us your ideas and suggestions on how others can Pay it Forward.
A special thank you to our partner Hill-Kelly Dodge Chrysler Jeep for making 'Pay it Forward' possible.
And there is more giving to come so look for Lena and her sign as we Pay it Forward.