Pay It Forward
- PAY IT FORWARD ( Floyd Jones)
- PAY IT FORWARD ( Diane Garnette)
- PAY IT FORWARD ( Jim Williams )
- PAY IT FORWARD ( Matilda Knight)
- PAY IT FORWARD: (Operation Blessing)
- PAY IT FORWARD: (Marshall and Kristina Wiggins )
- PAY IT FORWARD: Darla Hughes
- PAY IT FORWARD: (Mary Givens)
- PAY IT FORWARD: William Lett
- Pay it Forward:(Jacqueie Parson)
- Holiday Pay it Forward (Michael Etheredge)
- Holiday Pay if Forward finalist
- Pay if Forward Holiday Finalist
- Pay it Forward Holiday
- Pay it Forward (Clifford Bellow )
- Pay it Forward (Keith Pugh )
- Pay it Forward (Carlos Sabogal)
- Pay it Forward (Miss June)
- Pay it Forward 08/08/13 (Michelle Bond)
- Pay it Forward 08/01/13 (Pat and Nan Ross)
- Pay it Forward 7/25/13
- Pay it Forward 07/18/13 (Dennis and Laura Lazear)
- Pay it Forward 05/23/2013 (Cameron Michanowicz)
- Pay it Forward (Steve Williams) 5/16/13
- Pay it Forward 5/9/13 (Debra Jernigan)
- Pay it Forward (Jerry and Ann Turlin)
- Pay it Forward (Josh)
- Pay it Forward (Jenn Knowles)
- Pay It Forward - Shirley Sellers
- Paying It Forward: Loretta Menendian
- Pay it Forward Dallas Battle
- Pay It Forward Faith Moreno
- Pay It Forward: Lana Warren
- Pay it Forward - Brenda
- Pay it Forward - Patrick
- Pay it Forward - William Shaner
- Pay it Forward - Chrissy Johnson
- Pay it Forward - Jim Whitman
- Pay it Forward - Mr. Johnson
- Pay it Forward - Ashley Conlin
- Pay It Forward - Bettina Hoeft
- Pay It Forward- Delores Johnson
- Pay It Forward - Tom Williams
- Pay It Forward - Elaine Simpson
- Family gets big helping hand thanks to community in Holiday Pay It Forward contest
- Holiday Pay It Forward runner-up winners get bonus prize
- 'Pay it Forward" Cynthia
- Pay it Forward 2/21/2013
Pay it Forward 07/18/13 (Dennis and Laura Lazear)
Updated: Saturday, August 3 2013, 02:06 PM CDT
If you had the chance to Pay it Forward and surprise someone with 500 dollars, who would you give it to?
Channel Three's Lena Deflores met a family who instantly had someone in mind.
It all came together with a chance meeting and help from our partner, Hill-Kelly Dodge Chrysler Jeep.
Sometimes my sign goes unnoticed.
"Well, that's not gonna work out."
Other times, it does all the work for me.
"I like that I didn't even have to say anything."
"We've seen Channel Three all the time and we see what you guys do. I saw your sign and *snaps* perfect lady for that."
Dennis Lazear and his daughter Laura thought the perfect lady for that was their family friend, Jessica Smith.
"She works her butt off to get those kids what they need, not what they want."
Jessica is a single mother.
She recently went back to school and graduated last year to start working in the medical field.
Earlier this month she was able to take her seven year old daughter Jakia and three-year-old son Kejuan to Disney World with the Lazears.
"She actually saved up for a year to send her kids with us to Disney World."
"She saved up for one day. One day."
The families have been close for years and the Lazears have seen Jessica work through some pretty tough times.
They wanted d to do something to keep her spirits high and show her that all her hard work and diligence hasn't gone unnoticed.
"Not having to worry about it, just for a day or a week, can give you a week of a great life."
"I wish I had money to give her."
And Pay it Forward was about to make his wish come true.
I called Miles Bentley at Hill Kelly Dodge Chrysler Jeep and Laura called Jessica.
"You left your white shirt in my car. I was heading to the mall, can I just drop it off to you?"
And with that excuse, we went to meet Jessica, who was all smiles. Even though she had no idea what was happening.
"Do we look familiar to you at all?" "Uh, Channel Three News?"
So Laura explained.
"We were out running some errands and we ran into these folks and they asked us if we knew anyone who could use $500 and we thought of you" "oh, thank you"
"On behalf of Hill Kelly Dodge Chrysler Jeep I'm going to give this money to Laura so she can pass it on to you."
"It just makes me feel loved and special...Excited that she thought of me."
"They look back at what somebody did for them and it makes them want to help somebody else in the future and that's how we see it."
And that's what Pay it Forward is all about.
A special thank you to our partner Hill-Kelly Dodge Chysler Jeep for making Pay it Forward possible.
Keep an eye out for Lena and her sign for your chance to Pay it Forward.