- New Flu vaccine
- Flu shot still best defense against getting the flu
- Flu and pregnancy
- Flu vaccine in Northwest Florida area
- Paid Sick days determine if workers stay home when sick
- Protect yourself - and others - from the flu
- Local day cares taking extra precautions during flu season
- Flu outbreak slowing down
- Flu emergency declared in New York
- Local health experts' advice for this flu season
- CDC warns of flu virus
- Ohio college student dies of flu
- How the flu is spread
- Florida flu cases moderate to severe
- Shortage of flu treatment drug
- Fighting flu through social media
- Some Local Schools Seeing Flu Cases Early
- Flu cases growing faster than expected
CDC warns of flu virus
Updated: Tuesday, January 15 2013, 11:55 AM EST
We're seeing less flu in the United States, but it is spread out more.
Geographically it has spread to more locations.
Two weeks ago, 41 states were seeing widespread activity...
Now, six more states -- 47 total -- say they're seeing flu in various regions of their state.
That's according to new numbers released this morning by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
A CDC official tells CNN the numbers are the mark of a -quote- "classic flu epidemic".