Pay It ForwardPay It Forward Official Rules
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be a U.S. resident who is 18 years of age or older and reside in the WEAR-TV viewing. Nominees must be individuals or families 18 years or older residing in the WEAR-TV viewing area. Entrants cannot nominate themselves, immediate family members, any person living with entrant, or any organization. Families are defined as one or more parent or legal guardian with one or more child residing in the same household.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station WEAR-TV (the Station), WFGX, WPMI, WJTC, Hill Kelly Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, Ram, Moore and Scarry Advertising, Facebook, Ciceron, Inc., Buddy Media, Inc., their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term immediate families includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
How to Enter
1. No purchase is necessary to enter.
2. The contest starts on April 25, 2013 and ends on May 31, 2013 (the Contest Period). On one or more weekdays during the Contest Period, WEAR "TV news reporter, Lena DeFlorias will be randomly out in the public in the WEAR-TV viewing area carrying a sign, I am giving away $500.00, ask me how. The location will not be disclosed ahead of time. Entrants will personally approach Lena DeFlorias with the name of a nominee and explain why such nominee should be recognized and receive the prize.
3. At the time that Ms. DeFlorias receives any nomination, Ms. DeFlorias and other Station personnel will determine one (1) winner based on need and newsworthiness. There will be a maximum of one (1) winner per week during the Contest Period, for a total of four (4) winners.
4. As a condition of winning, the entrant or winning nominee must meet the following criteria in ordered to win the prize:
A.) The entrant must be able to accompany the news crew at the same time to surprise the nominee winner with the prize.
B.) The entrant cannot nominate someone who has won a prize from the Station within the past 30 days.
C.) The entrant must appear on a segment which may air on the Stations news programs to explain his/her nomination and reasons. The winner must be willing to be featured in the news story which may air on the Station each Thursday during the Contest Period beginning April 25, 2013.
5. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. Each weekly winner will receive five hundred dollars ($500) in cash and will be featured during a segment which may air on the Stations newscast. The value of such on-air appearance cannot be determined. The Station reserves the right to not air any Pay It Forward news segment
2. The winners will be notified in person. Before claiming prizes, winners must provide their correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Winners must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received by Station on the same day of notification. Winners must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If a winner cannot be notified within one (1) day, or does not sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner, as determined by the Station in its sole and absolute discretion.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. The winners are responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Contestants are eligible to win only one prize within any thirty (30) day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
7. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
1. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WEAR-TV 3, 4990 Mobile Highway, Pensacola, FL 32506 and on the Stations website at www.weartv.com.
2. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to WEAR-TV 3, 4990 Mobile Highway, Pensacola, FL 32506 by June 30, 2013.
3. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Hill Kelly Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, Ram, Moore and Scarry Advertising, Facebook, Ciceron, Inc., and Buddy Media, Inc. accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
4. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
5. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.
6. By entering this contest, each entrant waives any and all claims of liability against the Station, any sponsors, Facebook.com, and their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, for any and all claims, loss, damage or injury which may occur as a result of entrants participation in this contest.
7. Facebook, Inc. and www.facebook.com (collectively, Facebook) are not affiliated with the Station nor this contest. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with Facebook.
Visit page Pay it Forward