Manilow Music Contest
Manilow Music Project Teacher Appreciation Contest Official Rules
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be a U.S. resident who is 18 years of age or older and reside in the WEAR-TV viewing area and are an existing user of Facebook.com. Entrants cannot nominate themselves. Nominees must be 18 years or older who are a public school music or band teacher residing in the WEAR-TV viewing area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station WEAR-TV (the Station), WFGX, Barry Manilow, the Pensacola Bay Center, Schmidts Music, STILETTO Entertainment, Hastings, Clayton & Tucker, Inc., Facebook, Inc., Ciceron, Inc., Buddy Media, Inc., their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible.
How to Enter
1. No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one entry per person. More than one nomination may be received per nominee.
2. To enter, visit the WEAR TVs Facebook page on facebook.com/weartv and click on the Click 2 Win contest tab. Complete the online entry form with your name, address, phone number, age, e-mail address, nominees name, nominees phone number, nominees address, nominees age and describe in 400 words or less why the nominee deserves to win. By entering, entrant represents and warrants that a) the essay meets the contest and judging criteria described below, and b) any prizes awarded in this contest will be provided to the nominee, not the entrant.
3. The contest starts on January 7, 2014 at 2:00 pm CST, and all entries must be received by Station by 5:00 pm CST January 16, 2014. The Station is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries, or for printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction.
4. All entries received that are duplicates, mutilated, tampered with, illegible, or from ineligible applicants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station and will not be returned.
Judging of the Entries
1. All entries will be judged by a panel of judges, comprised of representatives from the Station. Up to a maximum of three (3) finalists will be selected by the judges based on the following criteria:
A. Student Impact (60%)
B. Community Involvement (30%)
C. Awards and Merits (10%)
2. On or about January 17, 2014, the top three (3) finalists will be determined by the judges and entrants will be notified by phone. Each of the finalists stories will be available to read on www.facebook.com/weartv.
3. From January 18, 2014 to January 26, 2014, viewers will vote for the finalist essay of the most deserving public school music teacher the Connect 3 tab of the Stations Facebook page located at www.facebook/weartv.Voting is limited to one vote per account holder per day. Facebook likes are not considered votes. Duplicate votes will be disqualified. Entrants/finalists are prohibited from obtaining votes by offering prizes or other inducements to members of the public, vote farming, vote purchasing, or any other activity that artificially inflates such finalists votes as determined by Station in its sole discretion. The Station reserves the right to determine in its sole and absolute discretion whether the online votes are valid, and may disqualify any duplicate votes. Multiple and/or irregular votes or multiple votes from the same user or users, including but not limited to, votes generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro, other automated means or other source will be considered invalid.
4. On Monday, January 27, 2014, one (1) grand prize winner will be determined based on the voting results. The entry with the most valid votes will be deemed the grand prize winner and the winning entry will be announced on January 28, 2014 on Channel 3 News at 5 pm.
5. In the event of a tie, the finalist with the highest score from the judges initial scoring will be selected as the winner. The decisions of the Station and judges are final. The Station and judges have the right to disqualify any entrant due to the breach of any representation made at the time of entry.
6. The Station and judges reserve the right to investigate and verify the need and/or circumstances of the nominees/finalists at any time during this contest, and may in its sole and absolute discretion disqualify a nominee.
7. Station is not responsible for any computer or electronic malfunction, server unavailability, technological glitch, or human error relating to this contest.
1. One (1) grand prize winner will receive two (2) tickets to the Barry Manilow concert January 30, 2014 at the Pensacola Bay Center at 7:30 pm CT, two (2) Barry Manilow Meet and Greet backstage passes, one (1) round-trip limo ride for the winner and one guest from the winners home or work to dinner and the concert, one (1) gift certificate to Jacksons Steakhouse valued at two hundred dollars ($200), and one (1) three hundred dollar ($300) gift certificate to Schmidts Music for the winning teachers music program. The grand prize is valued at one thousand one hundred dollars ($1,100). The limo service will be chosen based on the location of the winners home or work. The prize does not include gratuities, accommodations, or any other expenses. The Station and sponsors shall not be responsible in the event the concert or meet and greet is canceled or postponed for any reason. As a condition of winning, the grand prize winner must participate in a news story to air on the 5 pm news.
2. The winner will be notified by phone or in person. Before claiming prizes, winner must provide their correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within 5 days of notification. Winner must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If the winner cannot be notified within 3 days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize may be awarded to the finalist with the next highest valid votes as determined by the Station in its sole and absolute discretion.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. The winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Contestants are eligible to win only one prize within any 30 day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
7. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the finalist and/or winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
1. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WEAR TV 3, 4990 Mobile Highway, Pensacola, FL 32506 and on the Stations website at www.weartv.com.
2. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to Manilow Music Project Teacher Appreciation Contest, WEAR TV 3, 4990 Mobile Highway, Pensacola, FL 32506 by February 28, 2014.
3. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, Barry Manilow, the Pensacola Bay Center, STILETTO Entertainment, Hastings, Schmidts Music, Clayton & Tucker, Inc., Facebook, Ciceron, Inc., and Buddy Media, Inc. accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
4. By entering this contest, each entrant waives any and all claims of liability against the Station, any sponsors, Facebook.com, and their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, for any and all claims, loss, damage or injury which may occur as a result of entrants participation in this contest.
5. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
6. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.
7. Facebook, Inc. and www.facebook.com (collectively, Facebook) are not affiliated with the Station nor this contest. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with Facebook.